For those who enjoy RPGs, we'd like to take the time to introduce Wild World Wrestling.
Finally, Wild World Wrestling has come back to gaming... with a new Main Event Edition! Evolving from the cult-hit WWE: Know Your Role RPG, WWW returns with a further refined system to replicate the frantic action, flashy cast, and flamboyant drama of professional wrestling!
Wild World Wrestling: Main Event Edition cranks up the volume while still layeth the smacketh down like this:
- No character classes. Make a wrestler however you want with your choice of Gimmick Enhancements
- More options to customize and tweak your characters; get bonus attribute points and/or Gimmick Enhancements from having a basic character concept; change past Gimmick Enhancements as you progress to reflect character development
- Critically acclaimed easy and versatile maneuver creation system to emulate, customize, and attempt any wrestling move on the go, without having to check pages of tables or be limited to a rigid set of moves
- Head-to-head fighting for furious, nonstop battle without waiting for your opponent to finish a turn
- New submission rules for greater excitement
- Star Power to push a newcomer to the moon, re-push a mainstay over the top, or de-push an old hand to mid-card hell
- Character Flaws that an opponent can activate and swing the tide of a match
- More role playing- and troupe-oriented options to reward good characters and players
- Ring Rust for wrestlers returning from a long layoff
- No hit points, but suffering enough injuries will definitely impair your performance
- Multi-character cooperative yet competitive style of play. Character options include managers, announcers, interviewers, referees, promotion officials, and even ardent fans
- No GM necessary; just grab two characters and have a match alone if you want
- Fully supported with Roster Book (character collection), Contract Conflict (starter tournament), Promotion Books (“campaign settings”), Special PPV Main Events (“match scenarios”), and more to come
Disclaimer: This web site has absolutely no affiliation with Wild World Wrestling or Timeout Diversions.
Easily the best wrestling RPG that there likely ever was, we here at June Byers dot com have been fans of the game for quite some time, and will be posting our own rules, characters, history and guidelines featuring a fictional world of Classic Ladies Wrestling set in the 1940s.
For an excellent review, please check out The Must Unread Blog on the Internet Ever.
You can also download a FREE Fast Count Demo Here.
Purchase the game - either as a PDF or in glorious softcover Here.
Finally, check out the home page of Timeout Diversions.